the jazz authority; random dubiously zappy rants about 'the musicians music'.: Update

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Update

Videos below were found on Youtube, and I'm putting together a larger collection at my Youtube spot. I will host more vids in the future.

Just wen't on holidays back to my hometown Victoria, B.C. and was inspired to really start busting my buns to get into a regular practice schedule. When there's nobody to jam with it's hard to make the time to practice, and while Aebersold playalongs are great, they're no substitute for real people. Anyways, with the hope that one day I'll be living in the city again, I'm getting my chops back in shape and so far I'm having a blast.

While I've been working to create an online presence with my political life, I think I'm going to step it up a bit with music as well.

Anyways, as always, check out the archives for tips and articles.

L8R

1 comment:

Emily S. said...

Hey, check this out!
Ever hear of Ben Sidran? He’s a world-renowned jazz musician out of the Madison, WI area and a former NPR talk-show host. He’s recently put together a set of CDs called “Talking Jazz” which contains 60 interviews with fellow jazz musicians like Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie and Betty Carter. The CDs deliver candid interviews and truly inspiring words from the artists. You can hear clips and check out the box set at www.talkingjazz.com. Give a listen. You’ll like what you hear.